Sometimes, a roof leak is more than just a leak found on the roof. Siding leaks are often misdiagnosed as a roof leak. Because siding leaks are often misjudged in this manner, they can linger for long periods of time, unknowingly to the home or business owner. Serious problems like black mold, wood fungus and rot can all slowly eat away the inside of your walls before any damages are visible. That’s why it’s important to have your roof, gutters, skylights and siding inspected at least once a year by a professional siding or roofing company to ensure that more serious damages aren’t taking place without your knowledge.
As a Taunton, Mass home or business owner, it is in your best interests to have a siding contractor perform an inspection on your home’s exterior once a year. But it’s also a good idea for you to inspect your roofing, gutters and roofing system from the safety of the ground every other month. This will allow you to spot the minor siding problems now, that can quickly turn into major siding repairs later. If you notice any of the following siding problems on your MA home or business; don’t wait for problems to spiral out of control. Call Ferreira Roofing and Siding right now so we can repair your siding problems today.
Common Siding Problems
Whether you have vinyl, composite or all wood siding, these common problems can quickly lead to major disrepair. Check for these siding problems often and you’ll save big bucks on any future siding repair costs.
- Missing, Loose or Broken Pieces- One of the easiest to spot of all siding problems, missing, loose or broken pieces of siding often occur after strong storms. Check your siding, gutter and roofing materials after every storm to prevent minor repair problems from becoming major repair projects.
- Splits- This often happens with wood, but can easily occur with vinyl or composite siding as well. Split siding will only get worse with time and should be repaired as soon as any splits are visible on siding panels.
- Pulled Nails- Many times, nails will pull loose from siding panels. Whether it is caused by too much direct sunlight, extreme temperature fluctuations or improper installation, pulled nails can make siding sag and leak.
- Sagging Pieces- More often than not, sagging siding is from improper nailing applications. Siding needs to be secured according to manufacture and state building codes, to prevent sags that can easily lead to siding leaks.
- Failing Sealants- In some cases, caulk, butyl or other sealants are used around windows, doors and other siding trim pieces to seal them against water intrusion. Check these areas often for signs of peeling, cracking or splitting to prevent serious siding leak damages.
- Mold, Mildew or Fungus- These easy to spot problems are a sure signal that something is wrong with your siding. Black mold, wood rotting fungus and vinyl-staining mildew can all damage siding pieces for good. Be sure to call Ferreira Roofing as soon as mold, mildew or fungus is present to prevent the costly effects of these serious siding troubles.
Call Ferreira Roofing and Siding for a Free inspection or estimate if you notice any or the above issues. We proudly serve the areas of Taunton, Raynham, Easton, Bridgewater, Boston and other areas of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.