New England weather is well known for its extreme conditions. For instance, in winter temperatures can reach freezing conditions and in summer; blistering hot.
These extreme changes in temperature can cause construction materials to expand and contract. Consequently, causing severe damage to roofs and mortar constructions such as Chimneys.
Over time, the mortar that holds the chimney bricks together deteriorates and crumbles, leaving open joints and loose bricks in your chimney.
Making small repairs to degraded chimneys can something be done by a home owner. But, this can be a dangerous task due to the potential of falling.
It is best to seek an experience chimney repair company to properly inspect the condition of your chimney and make proper recommendations for a long-lasting repair.
Ferreira Co, is an experience company specializing in chimney repairs. You can trust them in providing you with a professional inspection of your existing chimney and recommendation for proper repair or reconstruction.
The scope of their service includes:
- Inspection of chimney – Remove existing chimney cap and screen if it has one.
- Inspect down flue for dangerous buildup of creosote or any other debris in the flue.
- Look for loose bricks or cracked mortar joints.
- inspect flashing where chimney meets the roof.
- Replace Broken Bricks – Remove any and all damaged bricks
- Tuck any loose or cracked mortar joints
- Replace flashing – To prevent water and snow to enter roofing, the flashing should be repaired or replaced
- Install Chimney Cap and Screen – Chimney caps are a must to prevent rain, snow and critters from entering the flue.
All repairs are conducted six feet from roof line and as per code and 100% guaranteed.
For free estimate on your next chimney repair or chimney rebuild, call Ferreira Co. They have the experience and know how to properly inspect and repair faulty chimneys. Ferreira Co. carries all required insurance and guarantee their work.